Monday, July 6th, 2009...5:08 pm
francEyE | amber spider
francEyE, aka Frances Dean Smith (March 19, 1922 – June 2, 2009), was an American poet. She was a California native, transplated to the East coast, where she grew up. She married Wray Smith and had four daughters, but eventually divorced. She returned to California in 1963. She was well-loved by and closely associated with the Southern California poetry community. She is also noted for her relationship with poet Charles Bukowski, with whom she had her fifth daughter, Marina Louise Bukowski.
francEyE was born Frances Elizabeth Dean, in San Rafael, California, on March 19, 1922. She died from complications of a hip fracture in Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California, early on June 2, 2009.
- * Four Poets, (Ruth Wire, Grace Bogart, Joanne Stell, S.S.Veri), written under the pseudonym S.S. Veri
- * Snaggletooth in Ocean Park, poems, 1996 (The Sacred Beverage Press)
- * Amber Spider, poems, 2004 (Pearl Press)
- * Baby Grandma, short stories, 2008
- * Call, poems, 2009 (Rose of Sharon Press)
- * Bukowski: Born Into This, (2004)
- * The Odyssey: Poets Passion & Poetry (2006)