Saturday, June 4th, 2011...11:39 am
boni joi | weather influences her emotions
WEATHER INFLUENCES HER EMOTIONS
She never called herself a pack rat. 1 She would sit in her closet surrounded by clothes and boxes and sing into the hanging shirts, pants, and dresses. 2 This way her neighbors couldn’t hear. She kept smashing her head into the hangers. 3 She was sure that the lack of awe was mutual. In this environment she didn’t have to view the infected sky. 4 On Tuesday’s at ten in the morning the cleaning ladies would knock loudly on her next door neighbor’s door. 5 On those mornings she would vocalize extra long and loud hoping the sky would stay azure and the wind would keep the clouds moving. She would concentrate on her nail beds 6 and dream of a long palm. She didn’t think of pom. 7 This seemed to work for a while until she got jacked up on ice coffee and gave out a false energy charge. 8
- 1 Her desk was full of objects: carved bamboo paper clips, an air-dried McDonald’s cheeseburger and one French fry, black and white photos of stuffed animal snakes, gum made to look like bacon, a Moa postcard from New Zealand, a plastic doll leg from Belize, some cork fossils, and a homemade snow globe filled with three spray-painted silver cicada skins.
- 2 Air pollution was the outward sign of an inward pollution.
- 3 Caused by closet weather.
- 4 She believed whenever her depression hit it was caused by looking at the clouds and sky directly above her apartment building, in which lived a collection of stunt doubles and voice-over artists. When yellow clouds formed, she believed, they were aided by the occupants collective loathsome dry runs.
- 5 When her neighbor ended up miserly at week’s end she had nothing to play with, sort through or hide underneath.
- 6 Her nails had vertical ridges which meant she was a warrior, and by visualizing her nail beds as a smooth lake she felt she could turn her worries to glass and break them with her sword.
- 7 Porn was said to insight flash floods, sandstorms, and hail or what is known as “pathetic fallacy” the projection of human feeling or volition onto nature.
- 8 Caffeinated adults and children contribute to false weather fronts. Newscasters predict alerts that they complain are inconvenient (like subway flooding) and authorities claim to have the situation under control and then nothing comes of it.
from BIG HAMMER No. 14
Welcome to Big Hammer #14
for whom who keeps a record:
Don Catena covers, 43, 90 Angela Mark 1, 14, 16, 18 Michael Shores 2, 106 Richard Kostelanetz 3, 68 Lyn Lifshin 5, 42 David S. Pointer 6 Ingrid Swanberg 7 Peter Money 8, 11 Janice Blue 9-10 Ed Galing 11,78-79 Dave Roskos 12, 65, 114 Robert Head 13, 15, 17, 18 Jim Cohn 19 Kell Robertson 20, 21 Ann Menebroker 21, 105 Tom Kryss 22, 23 Russell Salamon 24 Kit Knight 25, 26 Arthur Winfield Knight 27 Alan Catlin 28 John Bennett 28-31 David Elsey 31 Ken Greenley 32, 62/63 B. Z. Niditch 33, 41 Steve Dalachinsky 34, 98 Dennis Saleh 35-38 AlexB. aka Panther Moon 39 Tom Page 39 Chris Ide 40 Anthony George 41, 42, 113 Lew Black 42 Ray Brown 44 – 46 K. S. Hardy 46 Beth Bonus 47, 48 Candy Kaucher 47, 83/84 Melissa Fadul 49/50 Jen Dunford 51 Terry L. Persun 52 Boni Joi 53/54 Joe Weil 55/56 Tom Pulhamus 57/58 CarlAlessi 59-61 BradKohler 63, 77 TomObrzut 64/65 Steve Ausherman 66 Kevin Sweeney 67 M. Kettner 68 Todd Moore 69-71 John Lunar Richey 72 Kelley K. Vance 73/74 Guy R. Beining 75/76 Marc Olmsted 77 A.D. Winans 79 Ben Smith 80 Charles Rammelkamp 81 Nathan Whiting 81 Patrick Fealey 82/83 Gene Bloom 85 – 89 Normal 89Abel Debritto 91-96 William Wantling 96 Mark Weber 97 George Held 99 Lorinc Szabo translated by George Held & Katherine Mayer 100 Janos Lackfi translated by Paul Sohar 101 Donald Lev 102 Jeffrey Cyphers Wright 103 Tony Gruenewald 104John Berbrich 105 Justin Rogers 107-110 Lamont B. Steptoe 111/112
special thanks to Brother George for half-toning the photos & fixing the sink | iniquity press/vendetta books are edited & built by dave roskos at po box 527 point pleasant nj 08742 | iniquitypress at hotmail.com | copyrite 2011. all rites belong to contributors. ISSN-1043-1268 – 114 pages.
PEACE IN OUR TIME
20 EURO incl. shipment cost world-wide