Pollock’s Alchemy (1947)
What a cruel bitch, a
ferocious cunt, this painting.
Lines, and dabs, and swirls —
even he doesn’t know what
he’s doing…just that he’s
gripped by an unnamed pain,
that sacrilegious, horrific, beautiful pain.
Unpublished poem from the Precis of Genius project with Pig Ear Press.
Much more on Hosho McCreesh can be found via the following links.
- Answering the Goddamned Bell – Interview by Scot Young, posted at Outside Writers
- FIRE (England) – “VIRGA” – poem
- OA Press
- sunnyoutside press – new chapbook available September 18th, 2008
- CONCRETE MEAT PRESS – 2 poems–Lots of GPP poets featured
- Kendra Steiner Editions – Bill Shute’s terrific, ever-growing stable of writers
- Poet Hound – Interview
- Hemispherical Press – new chapbook by year’s end!
- Sore Dove Press – New broadside (not yet available)
- What To Wear During An Orange Alert? – Interview
- Johnny America – short fiction & non-fiction
- Six Sentences – Flash Fiction
- Bottle of Smoke Press – new chapbook available RIGHT NOW!
- 10pt Press – broadsides also available from justin.barrett, Christopher Cunningham, Dan Fante, Brian McGettrick, & Tony O’Neill
- My NYQ Poets Page – Find All My Books In (& out of) Print